Al ... Things Considered

My Comments on Everything I think is important. For my Us - U - Al "Gang" of Friends.

Monday, October 11, 2021


Welcome to my blog. I call it "Al... Things Considered".

Hello to my "Usual Gang" of Friends. If you are reading this you must have received a link from me because I don't publicize this blog. 
 
I am doing this Blog because I want to share my experiences and thoughts with my friends and it is easier to send you a link than periodically sending each of you a long email.  
 
I doubt that anyone will visit this blog or read anything I write unless they know me and I send them the link.  If you find this blog and read it and you do not know me personally. Please say hello with a comment.
 
I originally started doing this blog in 2012. Yeah I know.. there is a little procrastination going on. In my defense, I forgot it was even available to me to use and update until it recently turned up accidentally when I was looking for another blog !
 
So I deleted the blog posts from 2012 which was supposed to be the year of the  "END OF THE WORLD ! " Remember ?
 
Amazingly, the first blog post I created with some info about me in 2012  is still relevant to my life now !
So.. I will leave some of it here ( with a few updates ) as my first New Blog Post.
 
My original post in 2012
 
A little about me.
 
As you may or may not now, I am semi retired and have time on my hands and I don't punch a clock or work for "The Man". I have also disconnected from cable TV ( still get the free stuff that goes to my digital box ) Unless I am exhausted or the Internet doesn't work right, I do not like watching TV with all the commercials.
 
I do spend way too much time online but I consider that an investment. Some of it has to do with my Coaching and Consulting business. I have been doing this at least part time for many years. I do it mostly to share my know how and experience. My motivation is to to make  difference helping entrepreneurs.. Once in a while I work with larger business mostly in the services cyber - online space.

I had a computer consulting business for 20 plus years before I decided that the computer business was   not fun anymore. Even so, I have kept up with some of the technology that I find interesting or that is changing the world. There have been a lot of  changes to computers and the Internet in the last 20 years. You may have noticed ! 
 
After I got out of computer consulting I started studying for a Ph.D. in Psychology with an emphasis in Buddhist Studies. To me, Buddhism is a lot like psychology only deeper. 
 
I have done a lot of studying in many areas including Metaphysics and Philosophy. When you add that to my MBA in Marketing and my BS in Management etc plus my countless workshops, research and 20 + years in I.T. I have come to the conclusion that I am totally over educated and spent way too much time in a classroom. 
 
Continuing the New Post: Why am I doing this?
 
I like to write about all kinds of stuff but I don't seem motivated to write just for myself. I only want to write if people read it! This might be an "ego" thing but I feel like it is more a result of the for - mentioned too much education!
 
I have decided to start writing again about my life experiences, thoughts and opinions. Some of that will be here in this blog. 
This will be a challenge for me because I am somewhat secretive about who I am except to my friends. However I have come to the conclusion that because of the Internet everybody in the world knows way more about me than I want or they should. So I figured why not expound some more about my life and ideas here at my blog to amuse and enlighten my friends ? 
 
I want to make this blog about my life experiences written as a first person narrative.
 
Some caveats:
I can get way too technical and detailed when I write about some subjects. If I do, let me know. I will apologize in advance. I don't want you to get bored or glassy eyed. I will do my best not to pontificate. I catch most grammar and typo mistakes but I am not going to be too anal about it. 
 
If you have a subject suggestion or want me to write more about an experience that I have described,  leave a comment. 
When you take the time to comment, I will know that I am not writing this just for me and maybe you are getting something valuable or entertaining out of it too.

I am not conceited enough to think that this blog will get popular, go viral or change the world but I hope that maybe a few of my friends will enjoy reading it. 
 
Always keep in mind that this blog is "For entertainment purposes only."

Please visit here again soon to read my posts or subscribe to the RSS Feed and get updates automatically. 

All The Best,

Al
 

 




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home